In a couple of weeks many couples will celebrated a very special day. So, we wanted to share our ideas for Valentine’s Day. Regardless if you plan to spend your day at home, cooking a special meal, or out, we hope our short guide will help you.
1. Cute fruits. Cut slices of fruits. Then, use a couple of small cookie cutters, in the shape of heart and star to cut them. It will make a lovely looking bowl of fruit. It can be a fun dessert that you can surprise your loved one for breakfast. To make it uncomplicated, use bigger fruits that are easier to cut. For example, mango, pineapple, or watermelon are all a great ideas.
Don’t worry about wastage, with the remaining fruits, you can make a healthy smoothie.
2. Breakfast in bed. It doesn’t have to take a lot of time to prepare something. You can even try to make a jar of overnight oats. In the morning, put it on a serving plate. Beside it add the card, and a flower in a small vase. This way the breakfast will be ready in a couple of minutes.
If you don’t have the time, get some danish pastry the night before and pop them in the oven for a few minutes to heat up.
the necklace in the picture is from our blue morpho range
3. Buy a gift that means something. We all love receiving gifts, but a special gift is something that might remain with the loved one for many years to come. If you’ve decided to buy a piece of jewellery, try to think of a special memory you share with the person you are buying for. Think of a moment that meant something for both of you. Or, you might consider a new memory you want to create.
A few days ago, someone told me why she wants to buy butterflies for a special person in her life. When she had some problems, that special somebody told her that she must think of a butterfly. How it wraps itself in a cocoon and, from a caterpillar it transforms itself in something completely new, like a butterfly. That is a journey the butterfly has to take by itself. It was quite an emotional discussion and it made me realize, once again, how important the jewellery we create can be.
Don’t buy it because you saw it in a gift guide, buy it because it’s something it will bring a smile on your loved one’s face. Buy it because it matters.
4. Make a memory. Go for a walk, visit a new place or your favourite place. Take a selfie and print it, stick it to the fridge to make you remember that moment. In a couple of months, that will be another thing you’ll love remembering.
Having an amazing day doesn’t have to involve spending a lot of money. Sometimes it can be something very simple, like a walk in a park, talking about future plans or past holidays that make all the difference.
5. Don’t make it red/pink. Valentine’s Day is associated with pink and red. Buying a treat in a pink box or red flowers are wonderful ideas if the one you love likes these colours. If not, consider her/his favourite colour, the one she/he would pick and go with that.
I hope our Ideas for Valentine’s Day will help you. Thank you for taking the time to read our post. Make sure you share it on twitter if you think it might help somebody else too.